Saturday, July 20, 2013

Diary, Journaling or Blogging...It's All the Same!

How can we as future technology leaders increase the use of blogging on campuses? Well, first it can be used for reflecting purposes. This I know first hand works great. 

Blogging was a requirement for my Alternative Certification program. I had to write a reflective blog as a first year teacher. I hated this at first, but after the first month, I really got into it. I enjoyed putting the thoughts I had down and I use it for reflecting on how I presented the lessons in my class. What worked and what didn't work. How I could do better the next time I had to present a lesson. 

If administrators use a blog to reflect on an issue they are working on, they then have a timeline of what  it took to find a solution, implement it, and tweaking it as needed. This would help them pass on this new knowledge to other administrators who may be having the same problems.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea. Even teachers could use blogs to track what they did in the classroom that worked. It's really difficult to remember how a lesson went the previous year. I would like to use blogging with students on our campus, but the students need an email address. At eleven and twelve they are too young to get one "officially". I think they have to be thirteen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have your school look into gaggle. I know we use gaggle.net and every student from I believe 3rd grade up has a District email address. Check with your District. They might even already be using it.

    ReplyDelete