Saturday, July 20, 2013

mmmm...Now I'm Thinking!


Now that I have read the first chapter of Leading with Passion and Knowledge, I have a better understanding of what Action Research is and how it benefits not only administrators but also everyone in general. I have been doing action research for a long time; I just did not know they had a term for it. I called it just being inquisitive.

Whenever I wondered about something or was interested in fixing something, I went and did the research to find a solution. I'm a fixer by nature and I am always looking to improve on what I do or how something is done. I have never waited for someone to tell me how to do something; I have always looked for the solution.

Knowing that about myself, I see the benefit of Action Research in how it allows administration to find the solutions to issues that are relevant to their needs and campus needs. Nobody understands the campus needs better than the building’s administration. Campus administrators know their communities, students, parents, and faculty.

When you only allow principals to do things that are dictated, you end up isolating them and not allowing them to grow, learn and developing skills that will give them the edge over sub standard administrators who can not think for themselves. Most campuses do better when they are allowed to be site managers and can find solutions to improve on the foundations that they developed over years.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the readings helped me as well in understanding what action research is. The videos made action research also helped me to understand how to apply action research can be applied in the daily job of an administrator. I think you are on the right track in searching for a research topic. Whatever you choose, allow the research project to benefit you for growth as a professional and to benefit your campus.

    ReplyDelete