Saturday, July 27, 2013

I Am Not A Superhuman Student!

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this! Why is it that the hardest class falls into place during the most difficult time in one's life! Again, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!

This week is testing my ability to remain calm and in control! Although I I have managed to keep my wits I'm going down fast and I may find myself in a mental institution by Sunday under a constant IV drip of Xanax!

What I discovered this week and this is going to be that lesson in life that all administrators come to terms with in their own journeys some point in life. Brace yourself, this is going to shocking and enlightening all in one...I AM NOT A SUPERHUMAN STUDENT, MOM, WIFE AND TEACHER! Holly feces Batman, how can this be!

Well for one, I am completely overwhelmed with life, school, work and children. I just realized this is only a quarter of what a Principal goes through on a daily basis.  How, can you get anything important done with so many outside factors taking place and colliding all at once.

Then for second, I can not seem to find the light at the end of the tunnel that will help me find my way out and start making progress.

My advice to all, be patient and take it one step at a time. I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to you. All I can say that we will be able to handle all this stress and we will be fine.
    Just keep saying I can do it!!
    It is so true this is just a little taste of what principals go through.Staying calm and focus helps.
    Remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa: You made me laugh out loud when reading your Week 2 Reflection! I love your humor and your honesty! There is ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel. Remember that certain types of stress are considered beneficial to overall health and psychological wellness. Good stress keeps you feeling engaged and appropriately challenged. Here is a quote that I hope inspires, enlightens, or brings a good laugh to you.

    "Stress is like spice - in the right proportion it enhances the flavor of a dish. Too little produces a bland, dull meal; too much may choke you." -Donald Tubesing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize how much a principal does in a day until I read the assigned reading this week also. Please know it's okay to feel overwhelmed every once in a while. The only thing that you can do is your best. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true life can be over whelming at times but we keep on trucking and this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete